While many people are searching for love, their single status should not hinder any love for travel. We find that if you make the most of your time while you are single, you will have more to offer when you finally meet the love of your life. PassionSmiths spoke with Wellbeing Escapes, award-winning pioneers in wellness travel for 10 years, who know what they are talking about when it comes singles on holiday. This is what they shared with us on why travelling solo rocks!
It’s only natural to feel a little apprehensive about going on holiday by yourself but, we promise you, once you’ve done it once, there will be just no stopping you in the future. It could be that you are single, your partner or friends can’t get the same time off or you need some ‘me-time’. In fact, a wellness holiday is a good idea as you follow a programme so will be interacting with others every day and most certainly won’t be by yourself unless you want to take yourself off for some peace and quiet. They often have sharing tables too so if you are feeling sociable at mealtimes, you can join fellow guests and have a good old yak about your stay!
So take a look at our Top 5 reasons to go solo below:
1. It’s all about YOU. No compromising, no waiting around for anyone, just doing exactly what you fancy. This can be a good exercise in finding out about your likes and dislikes, which helps you navigate better in dating as you become more savvy on whether someone is compatible with you or not.
2. You’ll have the chance to get back in touch with yourself, think big thoughts and listen to your ‘inner voice’. It has all the answers, you just need down time to listen to it! Think of it as getting in tune with your ‘gut-feeling’, the one you really need to listen to when you go out on dates and decide whether someone is a good match for you.
3. You’ll be more open-minded to new people and situations. Others are more likely to approach you (in a positive way!) and will go out of their way to help you. Smile at everyone that crosses your path and good things will happen. Seriously, whether you are shy, a little introverted or completely extroverted, meeting new people in a temporary environment to shift your mind-set and, as you practise talking to strangers, will prepare you for first dates. The more relaxed and comfortable you can be when meeting new people, the easier it is to open up to a potential life partner.
4. You’ll feel empowered – navigating under your own steam and working everything out yourself will boost your self-confidence and enhance your can-do attitude. By building up a repertoire of experiences in learning how to love yourself, you become more attractive. And the more attractive your are…. well, the more likely you will appeal to your hot date.
5. It’s fun! You can be whoever you want to be, you can go where you’ve always wanted to and you can try new experiences. That’s the ultimate freedom and win/win all round. Even if it’s just for a brief moment, these new experiences will give you something to talk about when you start dating. It’s all a bank of good memories you can savour when you finally settle down and need to compromise on things.
Now, pack your bags, off you go and have a fabulous time…!
ENTER PRIZE DRAW to win a spa day for and a friend at Lifehouse Spa & Hotel
Otherwise get in touch with Wellbeing Escapes on +44 20 3735 7555